I love going horseback riding, going on trail rides and such, and I am always looking for people to go ride with. Fall is the best season to go ride! I live in Morris County, but Im willing to travel if anyone knows of any other trails. I'm up for anything so just let me know! :)

Views: 191

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for the info!!

JW Scherm said:
I have not been but... Silver Bit and Spur in Whitehouse Station, NJ offers riding with no trail guides.
http://www.silverbitandspur.com/
I think it depends on where we end up going.. and how much experience everyone has. I would be ok with just walking and trotting.

Nicole Fulmino said:
Do you have to have experience? This sounds fun. I rode a horse a few times on a trail up in the Poconos when I was a kid, but not since.
I'd love to join in too, and Oct. 31 sounds fine with me. I live in Union County, and know that Watchung Reserve has stables but I don't know about if they'd take group reservations. It sounds like it may be more than a few people so would be good to find a place that can guarantee we'll have horses. To the people who mentioned other stables, should we all call and get those details?
How does everyone feel about going to place at Whitehouse station? There are no trail guides and the prices are very reasonable. The link for the website is below.. silver bit and spur.
I checked at Watchung--they only do trailrides on Sundays, but its $29 for out-of-county residents (little cheaper in county). BUt they don't take reservations, so i don't think that's good for a group.

Your link seemed to be missing, here's what I found.
http://www.silverbitandspur.com/trails.htm
Prices are $40 per hour for horses. A group of 4 or more is $35 an hour.
Hours: Weekends - On the hour starting at 9:00 am with the final ride of the day being at 3:00 pm. - Reservations necessary.

Again, I think someone should call and make a reservation, which would mean we need to know how many people are actually in.
Ok riders! I would like to make reservations tomorrow, so everyone let me know if they are ok with going to whitehouse station to ride Saturday, the 31st.

Or if no one can do the 31st, we can move it to the 15th. Just let me know! :)
I am working on Saturday so I can't go now. I actually found a place right down the road from me called Saddle River Riding Center. I would like to go another time though:)
I can do Saturday the 31st. Just let me know what time.
Wish I'd seen this earlier! This has been on my to-do list for a while. I'd prefer to go with people I already know--I'll be more relaxed etc, and if I don't really like the riding I'll at least have fun with the people. If you do this again I'd like to go along.

DjB
I didn't hear anything about firming up that date so how about we pick another day? Someone suggested Nov. 15th and that's good for me. Who else?
I'd like to participate. I'd also like to go back to sleep. Why am I awake this early on a Sunday?? At least we got that "extra hour" today!

DjB
that's why you're awake--because your body thinks its 8 am and the clock now says its 7, I had the same problem.

Doug Beman said:
I'd like to participate. I'd also like to go back to sleep. Why am I awake this early on a Sunday?? At least we got that "extra hour" today!

DjB

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Connect!

Enter Your E-Mail for NJYP Event Updates!

Visit our sponsor partner

BAM Sports Leagues runs co-ed recreational sports leagues for adults in Northern/Central NJ!

Sports: Kickball, Dodgeball, Softball, Football, Basketball, Soccer, Floor Hockey, Volleyball.

Photos

© 2024   Created by Brian and Mike.   Powered by

info@NJYP.org  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service