I love going horseback riding, going on trail rides and such, and I am always looking for people to go ride with. Fall is the best season to go ride! I live in Morris County, but Im willing to travel if anyone knows of any other trails. I'm up for anything so just let me know! :)

Views: 191

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm not exactly happy about the deposit either, and I would prefer to not put up money if there is any risk of not getting it back should we not be able to go on Sunday for any reason. I think we should definitely check into the other places.
I'm fine with the place in Morristown! I'll actually be in Morristown, so I should be able to get there around 1. I'm sure my friend who's tagging along won't mind the location change either.
A few years ago NJYP did a trail ride with Double D stables in Blairstown. They are $35 for one hour, $65 for two or $90 for a half day ride. I didn't go (I actually have two horses) but I remember everyone said they had a great time. They take all experience levels and their web site is http://doubledguestranch.com
Have a great time whatever you do! This is great riding weather!
I can understand not wanting to pay ahead (though I am okay with it), butI really think $50 per hour is WAY too expensive for a trail ride especially since there are so many places offering cheaper options. I found a site that lists pretty much every trail ride in NJ and Echo Lake seems like a good choice:

Echo Lake Stables in Newfoundland (only about 30 minutes from Morristown I think) - They had really good reviews online. It's $30/hr. There's a trail guide with us. And they're open 9am - 5pm so I'm sure we can go after 1pm.

I know it's tough to plan so close to Sunday, but I'm willing to call tomorrow if you guys are interested.
I wouldn't be able to be there until probaby 1:30ish (to be safe), but like I said, I'm down with wherever!

Rebecca said:
I know it's tough to plan so close to Sunday, but I'm willing to call tomorrow if you guys are interested.
I agree $50 is expensive and Blairtown is pretty far for me, but the one in Newfoundland seems like a workable middle ground in terms of distance/price, so i'd be down for that. A little later on Sunday, like 1:30, would be fine with me.
I am coming from Mercer County so they all will be a bit of a drive for me, so just let me know which area that you guys decide to go to and I will map it out to see how far it is and if its feasible for me. Thanks!
Blairstown is pretty far for me - I live in Matawan. I'm really excited to do this with the group and meet all of you but I would prefer not to drive more than an hour just to get there and another hour back home for just a one hour trail ride. Especially when I can take a 15 minute drive and go riding closer to home. I don't mean to be a sour puss. I would be ok with driving that far if the actual ride were 2 or more hours.

I also agree with Rebecca that $50 for an hour is high - considering other places are $35. :)

Morristown and Newfoundland would be ok with me - did anyone get prices on Seaton Hackney yet?

I'm keeping Sunday open for whatever we decide!!!
I would be up for Riding at the place in Morristown or Newfoundland. I have Sunday open if we still are going riding.
I called Echo Lakes today and left a message. I will try again tomorrow and clarify their policies / see if a reservation is needed.
I called Echo Lake (in Newfoundland) and they said a group of 8-10 wouldn't be a problem on Sunday. We just need to call and give him a definite number and we can do that as late as Sunday morning. It would be $30/hr per person and they only take cash. Is anyone still interested?
Sorry guys I'm out - seems like a great place and price but its a bit of hike for me.....have fun!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Connect!

Enter Your E-Mail for NJYP Event Updates!

Visit our sponsor partner

BAM Sports Leagues runs co-ed recreational sports leagues for adults in Northern/Central NJ!

Sports: Kickball, Dodgeball, Softball, Football, Basketball, Soccer, Floor Hockey, Volleyball.

Photos

© 2024   Created by Brian and Mike.   Powered by

info@NJYP.org  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service