I actually ran into a pizza tour website while checking out things to do in NYC last year.  I admit I love pizza and I am sure others do not have such a wild affection for it as myself.

I was planning on doing the tour sometime, but decided to see if anyone wanted to tag along. 

The website is:

http://www.scottspizzatours.com/

There are two tours.  A walking tour is $35 and a bus is $55 (Sundays).   They are 3 to 4.5 hours depending on the tour.

Info from the site:
Trace back both 19th-century Italian immigration and pizza history from Manhattan's Little Italy to historic Greenwich Village. Along the way, you'll eat slices from century-old brick ovens and classic slice shops!

Find:

The birthplace of modern pizza

Manhattan's Little Italy

The country's oldest Italian cheese shop

Pizza's secret health benefits
A classic New York street slice

Two century-old coal burning brick ovens
New York's pizza oven workshop
You'll visit pizzerias heralded by Zagat's, AOL City Guide, Time Out New York, the Food Network and New Yorkers alike as the city's best. The Pizza Walk is New York's most comprehensive culinary expedition!

Views: 37

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My August is filling up quickly. If I can go the day you pick I would prefer the walking tour. It's not that far at all of a walk, and it will probably be more fun :-)
Ok so let's make it a walking tour. What works best for you guys a Saturday, Sunday or ? I am throwing out the date of August 7 or 8 to see if that helps any.
I think the few friends I talked to and myself are going to opt to check this out when it's cooler out. But I can't wait to hear reviews!

akhtar said:
Ok so let's make it a walking tour. What works best for you guys a Saturday, Sunday or ? I am throwing out the date of August 7 or 8 to see if that helps any.
Unfortunately, I'll be traveling the first couple of weeks in August so I wouldn't be able to make it then.

akhtar said:
I was thinking about the weather too. A day like today or a hot day would kill it. No one threw out a date so I said I would try that route. We could do it in September, end of August, or later. It would be cool to get many NJYP people on this.
Maybe we could ask Laura could turn it into an official event?

akhtar said:
I was thinking about the weather too. A day like today or a hot day would kill it. No one threw out a date so I said I would try that route. We could do it in September, end of August, or later. It would be cool to get many NJYP people on this.
We could. I mean seems to be getting some traction. Just wasn't sure if NJYP goes to NY on official business. I guess I can ask her if the forum shows promise. How many people that you know were interested? Also when were you thinking about going?
Nope I asked, has to be unofficial

Amanda Forsburg said:
Maybe we could ask Laura could turn it into an official event?

akhtar said:
Ok how about we shoot for a September date so it is cooler and more of our calendars are open?
Sounds good to me!

akhtar said:
Ok how about we shoot for a September date so it is cooler and more of our calendars are open?
so apparently I forgot to hit the "follow" button and missed all the discussion! Late August/Sept is good for me, and i'm glad the walking thing was decided...that seems like more fun..(and a good way to work off the extra pizza!)
Sounds good!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Connect!

Enter Your E-Mail for NJYP Event Updates!

Visit our sponsor partner

BAM Sports Leagues runs co-ed recreational sports leagues for adults in Northern/Central NJ!

Sports: Kickball, Dodgeball, Softball, Football, Basketball, Soccer, Floor Hockey, Volleyball.

Photos

© 2024   Created by Brian and Mike.   Powered by

info@NJYP.org  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service