So, let me know when your first NJYP event was! Post any details you can remember.

Views: 229

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My first event was Battle of the Sexes in New Brunswick in September '06. I think it was at Platinum but that place has changed names about 10 times since then lol.
My first event was a game night which was in June of 2006. I remembering winning a candle that night :)
My first event was the Memorial Day in 2007. I remember getting a sunburn I will never forget.
my first event was september 2007.
I was about 170 soaking wet at the time and scared of new people and frightened to death of speaking to (gasp) women and new people in general.

So JP dragged me kicking and crying with my EMO overly depressed self out to morristown, george and marthas. I must say I laugh to this day thinking about my first 2 events and how much i came out of my shell and have become less socially awkward since then.
I think it was laura who gave me the best dating advice I ever got in my life at that event. thanks doll ;)
My first event was on in February 2007 (I think). I think it was the Stupid Cupid Valentine Party at Glo in New Brunswick. I had just moved into a new town and had a new home and a new job- was trying to meet new friends. It was nice to be in a place where you could just meet lots of people and get to know each other. I went to lots of events after that like Game Night and Wine Tastings and Women's Networking events and hikes and Happy Hours. There are some really nice people in the group.
I actually remember NJYP being a yahoo group before I joined..I forgot all about that! That's how I found out about it.

Jennifer Kirkwood said:
My first event was a Karaoke get together at Champps in Menlo Park Mall, I want to say it was 2004. Met James (mapquest) and Ed (northed) and the NJYP group was just a yahoo group then. Wow, time flies. I've met some great people though this group :-)
My first event was a bowling event in Rockaway. I was scared because it was the first thing I had ever attended without a backup. I think it was January of 2006.
A lot of people are posting about being "scared" when attending their first event. I just want to say this is so NORMAL and point out that ALL of you were so BRAVE! I mean, incredibly BRAVE! It takes balls to go to something where you know no one. You are totally vulnerable. So a huge high-five to everyone who hit up an event alone, which honestly, is MOSTLY what happens so many BRAVE soles in the group :)
I attended my first NJYP event - an unofficial dinner organized by one of the members – back in March of 2006. Since the host of the dinner was great and made that night so enjoyable I decided being a part of the NJYP group couldn’t be a bad thing. From that time on, I’ve met more great people from this group by attending/hosting NJYP events!
My first event (Feb 2006-when events were listed through Evite) was at the now defunct Java Moon Cafe' in Edison hosted by Cindy and Will. We ate brunch and then went bowling. I remember meeting James and Pete at this event too. The people were friendly, and the day was entertaining. I had just moved back into the area, and I was bored. My friend told me about NJYP, so I decided to check it out. I'm glad I did because I have met a lot of great people.
First event was only a few months ago at the old back room of the Famished Frog before they turned it into the 2006 Huffmann Koos patio showroom.
I had friends before NJYP, but we all lived in different parts of NJ and other states so it was difficult to get together often. It was kind of lonely living on my own, so I was looking for activities to do.

I subscribed to the yahoo group in Feb. 2004 when they were planning their first event. My first event was at the Famished Frog in June 2004. I think this was supposed to be one of the biggest events NJYP had at the time. I brought my friend Lisa with me. I continued to go to events with friends that summer. I met some people that I am still friends with today. After that, I was finally brave enough to go to events on my own and made more good friends. The events and people I met over the years have kept me busy ever since.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Connect!

Enter Your E-Mail for NJYP Event Updates!

Visit our sponsor partner

BAM Sports Leagues runs co-ed recreational sports leagues for adults in Northern/Central NJ!

Sports: Kickball, Dodgeball, Softball, Football, Basketball, Soccer, Floor Hockey, Volleyball.

Photos

© 2024   Created by Brian and Mike.   Powered by

info@NJYP.org  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service