So, let me know when your first NJYP event was! Post any details you can remember.

Views: 229

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Mine was actually just a few months ago! "4 Minute Friending For Women" at Molly Maguire's in Clark. I was terrified and sat in my car an extra five minutes before heading in alone, but it turned out to be one of the best decisions I ever made. I met amazing women who I now see on a weekly basis (actually... sometimes it's several times a week). I'm SO grateful for NJYP and my new friends! :)
Triumph Brewery Tour last year in the Spring or Summer sometime. Wow, I guess that means I've been a member for a year now!
I believe my first event was the "New Year's Eve Eve" party at Glo in Dec. 2005. I hated the thought of going alone when I didn't know anyone there, but soon found out that was the way to make friends! By the end of the night, I was sticking stickers on people who weren't even in NJYP. lol (They didn't mind). I met some nice people that night, and although I haven't seen some of them since, it encouraged me to go to more events where I did eventually end up making a lot of good friends.
I joined when it was still a Yahoo group, and it was several months before i made to my first event. It was roller skating in Florham Park in Nov 2006. Had fun. Brought two friends cuz I was nervous. and met up w/ someone from NJYP who is a very good friend of mine to this day!!
My first event was
Hike: Lord Stirling Park (easy) at Lord Stirling Park
June 20, 2009 from 10am to 12:15pm
The hike was great other then the rain, mud, wet slick board walk, and bugs. LOL
But seriously I had a great time even with everything above and have gone to a happy hour and dress and tie event since. NJYP is a great place to meet great people. See you all at the next event!
Hey..... I am new to NJYP and have never partaken in any event. I will def participate in a happy hour in Morristown (I work in M-Town) or whatever else... Just lookin to meet new people!
Some of you may know me, others won't. My first event was a happy hour in Paramus, I think in 2006 (maybe November). I remember it was cold. I came with another organization as the sponsor and I just loved the idea. Laura was good at creating circles for us to talk to each other in. I had a ton of fun and started going to other happy hours and then other events. Now I try to come out to events on occasion. Say hello if you see me there!
I went to my first event with my friend,Pete,on November 20,2008. It was for happy hour at Cervantes of Spain in Cranford.
I was at Speed Dating in one of the New Brunswick about an hour away. Four minute dates are not nearly enough time. I thought I had made a connection with one of my dates, but I never was able to get in touch with her. . .not sure if my calls were blocked, she didn't want to pick up, ignored all e-mails. . .

Overall, not a very good experience.
Anyone want to add to this?
My first event was the Stupid Cupid party I believe in 2007? It was a lot of fun. Loved the idea of the stickers, a great icebreaker. Great group of people there. Remember a few cute boys too. It was at Glo!
Thanks for the motivating words Laura!! I do remember meeting you. I think you had said you used to work at the hospital I worked at years ago!!

Laura Occhipinti said:
A lot of people are posting about being "scared" when attending their first event. I just want to say this is so NORMAL and point out that ALL of you were so BRAVE! I mean, incredibly BRAVE! It takes balls to go to something where you know no one. You are totally vulnerable. So a huge high-five to everyone who hit up an event alone, which honestly, is MOSTLY what happens so many BRAVE soles in the group :)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Connect!

Enter Your E-Mail for NJYP Event Updates!

Visit our sponsor partner

BAM Sports Leagues runs co-ed recreational sports leagues for adults in Northern/Central NJ!

Sports: Kickball, Dodgeball, Softball, Football, Basketball, Soccer, Floor Hockey, Volleyball.

Photos

© 2024   Created by Brian and Mike.   Powered by

info@NJYP.org  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service