Hi Everyone!!!

I am new to this NJYP, so I wanted to first of all say hello!!! I hope to meet a lot of new friends :-)

I was also wondering if anyone would be interested in a wine tasting or BYO type of event? We could pick a BYO venue, everyone could bring their favorite wine ($15-$30 price range), and we could all enjoy a night of food & wine. OR... I could research and see if any local places do an educational wine/food pairing type of event.

I'm not familiar with how suggesting an event with this group goes yet, but I am always looking for more "winos" (like me) to have a nice night out with. :-p

LET ME KNOW IF YOU'RE INTERESTED!!!

~Robin
:-)

Views: 103

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'd be down for this and if it's on the weekend even better! I have a hard time making events during the week because of my work schedule. I was up in New Hope yesterday and bought a few bottles of Blackberry wine from the Tomasello store. It's delish. =)
Welcome Robin! I'm also new to NJYP :-) I would definately be interested, I love trying new wines. I don't know of any restaurants that would do an educational event but there are plenty of BYOB resturants in Middlesex county.
Hey everyone!

I found a nice Italian/Sushi (Italian style) BYOB in Metuchen.

Alessio 426
http://www.alessio426.com/Menus.html

I am also pretty sure there is a liquor/wine store right next door, so if someone forgets their wine they can stop there to buy something, ha :-p

Is this location okay for you? (I'm not familiar with where everyone is coming from...)

Let's put our heads together and think of alternates (if this isn't suitable...)

CAN'T WAIT TO MEET YOU ALL :-)

~Robin
The restaurant seems cool. Are you planning on going during the week or on a weekend? I work/live close by so either one works for me :-)
That looks good to me too.
Robin, this sounds like fun. I would be interested in something like this.

Metuchen for me would work.
Did i miss the wine tasting?? For sure interested in such an event. I have been trying out a couple of Red wines from a new winery in California and would love to share them with people and see what they thing. If you happen to be planning such an event please let me know
Sounds great! I'm glad there is an interest! I always love finding new friends who enjoy wine! :-)

What day of the week works best for everyone? Weekday or weekend? I prefer a Friday night... but that's just me :-p

LET ME KNOW!!

Can't wait to meet you all :-)

~Robin
Thanks for the links everyone - looks like there are many possibilities (especially for the future.)

As for our BYO outing... Are Fridays okay with everyone? I was thinking possibly Dec 11th or 18th... Is that too close to the holidays?

Let me know :-)

~Robin
Friday works for me but the 18th is not good-I have plans. What time were you thinking? I usually don't get home from work til 8ish-I work in NYC.
Hi Robin, welcome aboard!
This sounds like a good idea and I would definitely be interested. I can't speak for others but 11th or 18th would work for me.
Okay-

It looks like December 11th is best for everyone. Darlene- I know you mentioned you get home late, how about we say 7:30pm start time and you can join us whenever you can? (I don't want us to start too late.)

Kristen- Thanks for the pointers! Although, I must warn - I don't know the definition of "SHY", (Everyone will quickly learn this about me :-p)

So, details again...

DECEMBER 11TH - 7:30PM
Alessio426
http://www.alessio426.com/Menus.html

Once everyone confirms if this date and time are okay and I get a head count I will call and make reservations.

And- Michele- I'm thinking 1 bottle will be sufficient, but if you're thinking of drinking more than one bottle by yourself feel free to bring more (or if you can't decide what to bring!) :-p

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Connect!

Enter Your E-Mail for NJYP Event Updates!

Visit our sponsor partner

BAM Sports Leagues runs co-ed recreational sports leagues for adults in Northern/Central NJ!

Sports: Kickball, Dodgeball, Softball, Football, Basketball, Soccer, Floor Hockey, Volleyball.

Photos

© 2024   Created by Brian and Mike.   Powered by

info@NJYP.org  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service