A discussion of marketing events, ideas, stories, opportunities, jobs and events.

Also, join us at our next dinner for Marketing Professionals! The dinners are a casual with great food and good conversation and are held throughout Northern Jersey. If you've attended a past dinner or want to, share your feedback, it will help us understand what works best and where we should hold it. Our dinners have become so popular we formed a group called The Marketing Dinner Club. Check us out on Facebook or Linkedin! http://www.linkedin.com/groups?about=&gid=3732580

Click Follow below if you want to keep up with event dates, information and discussions.

Views: 152

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Tiffany, Some times I hear of new positions. I've been posting opportunities on this forum. Let your friend know about this and our upcoming marketing dinner. Perhaps she'll get some good contacts.

Tiffany L. Crowell said:
Hey Everyone. My friend RJ was recently laid off - she is a Marketing Coordinator. Does anyone know of any good full time positions that she could apply to? Any help would be great :) I told her I'd keep my eyes open for her.
Robert, I think this becomes most apparent during a cold call. It doesn't matter what you say, as soon as the consumer thinks your trying to sell something they shut you out and even get rude if not nasty. Have you read "SPIN"? I think it explains how so many sales people are taught to push the close and this just ticks off the clients.

Robert Benham said:
Ha!! Overcoming the objections some other shady Salesperson has planted in my prospects head. Breaking down the salesperson vs. consumer barrier is the toughest.

Paul Kiesche said:
So what are some ridiculous/annoying things you deal with at your marketing job? Got any funny or interesting stories to tell? What typical ignorance do you have to overcome with someone else?
I dont know what type of marketing she does - but my company always seems to be hiring marketing coordinators - http://jobview.monster.com/Marketing-Program-Product-Coordinator-Jo...

Tiffany said:
Hey Everyone. My friend RJ was recently laid off - she is a Marketing Coordinator. Does anyone know of any good full time positions that she could apply to? Any help would be great :) I told her I'd keep my eyes open for her.
Looking forward to seeing everyone at the Marketing Dinner tomorrow night. Between NJYP and NJP it looks to be a good turnout. I also posted the event with BMA and AMA. I got one complaint that we don't include old people. So I guess people want in!
I missed January's event because of a family emergency, but I'm looking forward to tonight's. I'm looking for a position in marketing (ideally either brand strategy/analysis at an agency or brand/product management at a firm), so I hope that I can do some networking while adding to the conversation.

I'd love some feedback from other marketers on my marketing blog. If you've got some free time, check out http://www.freedmarketer.com. I'm happy to reciprocate if anyone else has something they'd like me to check out for them!
So good to see everyone last night!! We had 13 people show up! If you went, how did you think it went? I want to keep improving it. If you didn't go, we missed you and would love for you to join next time. We'll probably do it in May! I'm thinking New Brunswick will be the next destination, but what do you think? Also, do you feel it should continue as a dinner or change to a cocktail hour only?
Also, should we continue on Tuesdays, or is it too much of a conflict?
Sorry I couldn't make it last night, I'm glad you had a nice turnout! I'd prefer events closer to the Morris Co/Bergen Co area, since NB is quite a hike from me. But if there's enough interest in the area, go for it!

Paul Kiesche said:
So good to see everyone last night!! We had 13 people show up! If you went, how did you think it went? I want to keep improving it. If you didn't go, we missed you and would love for you to join next time. We'll probably do it in May! I'm thinking New Brunswick will be the next destination, but what do you think? Also, do you feel it should continue as a dinner or change to a cocktail hour only?
So, I'm starting to plan the next marketing dinner. Who's in? Currently, I'm planning to have it the first week of May. Probably Tuesday May 4th. I'm also thinking of having it in New Brunswick. Sound good to you? What dates can you make it? Any other feedback? Would you rather a dinner or just a coctail hour type thing?
Hey everyone, I just posted a position in the "jobs" area. It's a good entry level postion in a marketing research company. It's for a Election Research Coordinator.
Kristen, Thanks for the feedback. May 4th is a Tuesday. I choose New Brunswick because I'm trying to move it around North Jersey. So yes, somewhere central. However, if I don't get enough interest in the area, I may move it back to Morris County.

Kristen Buckley said:
May 4th should work, but New Brunswick is far for me. Since it's a Thursday, it's doable if that's where the group wants it. Can't we do Cranford, Westfield, or Union Co. if you want it more central? Cocktails might be better, so we can interact more.
My company (www.cmi.com) is looking for a Marketing Associate with 3-5 years experience. Previous experience in the IT industry preferred, we need someone who can grasp what we do and hit the ground running!
Please send resumes to hr@cmi.com.

Thanks!
Michelle

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Connect!

Enter Your E-Mail for NJYP Event Updates!

Visit our sponsor partner

BAM Sports Leagues runs co-ed recreational sports leagues for adults in Northern/Central NJ!

Sports: Kickball, Dodgeball, Softball, Football, Basketball, Soccer, Floor Hockey, Volleyball.

Photos

© 2024   Created by Brian and Mike.   Powered by

info@NJYP.org  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service