A discussion of marketing events, ideas, stories, opportunities, jobs and events.

Also, join us at our next dinner for Marketing Professionals! The dinners are a casual with great food and good conversation and are held throughout Northern Jersey. If you've attended a past dinner or want to, share your feedback, it will help us understand what works best and where we should hold it. Our dinners have become so popular we formed a group called The Marketing Dinner Club. Check us out on Facebook or Linkedin! http://www.linkedin.com/groups?about=&gid=3732580

Click Follow below if you want to keep up with event dates, information and discussions.

Views: 152

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

For those of you in marketing withdrawal, there's still room at this month's Social Media Coffeehouse! I'm running my second meeting of the group this Wednesday, July 21st in Little Falls. Check out http://www.socialmediacoffeehouse.com/coffeehouse-july-2010/ for more details and pre-registration info!
I need a partner company to help me on two projects. One is for a PR job and one is for a Marketing Strategy job. Anyone interested?

PR - Need to be able to make dirt look amazing. I have a client who wants major exposure including talk shows and the whole works.

Marketing - Need to have experience creating marketing plans for bigger corporations targeted towards very large corporations. We need to hit major names in those companies like CFOs/CEOs.
I have a fun small project that I need a good, creative copywriter to help me on. It's ASAP, so if you know anyone, send them my way paul@paulkiesche.com.
My wife just got this job post through her Syracuse connections. Not sure if it fits anyone here. Good luck if it does.

MKTING MGR:
NYC. This position is responsible for managing ESRB’s marketing initiatives and reports to the VP, Marketing. Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to, managing various aspects of the PSA campaign, search engine marketing, retail partnerships, rating search widget distribution, trademark licensing, and tradeshows. Following are examples of job responsibilities: PSA Ad Campaign: Manage the production, distribution and tracking of PSA ads; Track and report results of all PSA ads in various marketing channels including TV, radio, print, online, etc; Monitor the run rate of campaigns and identify under-performing ads and suggest possible improvements in order to meet or exceed goals; Manage the distribution and follow-up of PSA campaigns with outside agencies. Search Engine Marketing (SEM): Manage agency and develop keyword search terms; Coordinate with Communications department to integrate search and viral campaigns; Interface with agency and IT department to ensure website is optimized for search; Track results and recommend adjustments maximizing traffic to website, rating searches, and rating summary page views. Retail Accounts: Maintain up-to-date contact list and account summary for US and Canadian retailers; Manage ratings education and enforcement programs with various retailers and video game distributors; Manage various production aspects including signage, online assets, printing, translations, and requests from independent retailers; Work with US and Canadian retail websites to display accurate and complete rating information;
Manage online audits of retail websites to measure success and challenges; Maintain retail collateral materials on ESRB.org. Rating Search Widget: Manage agency to identify and implement widget improvements; Maximize distribution on third party websites; Analyze results and recommend strategies to increase widget installs, users, and rating searches. Trademark Licensing Requests: Work with Legal Dept. and third parties (e.g.: retailers, websites, etc) to secure executed licensing agreements for the use of trademarked rating icons. Tradeshows and Misc: Facilitate ESRB’s presence at trade shows, conferences and other expositions;
Attend relevant industry seminars with prior approval by supervisor. Experience in marketing or advertising preferably in the entertainment, retail or communications industries; Excellent writing and communication skills required; Experience in planning, executing and measuring results of multi-channel marketing initiatives; Ability to work with senior management and other internal and external partners; Must be able to work on multiple projects simultaneously, work in a fast paced environment, and meet deadlines; Must be very detail-oriented, self-directed and willing to pitch in at all levels and travel occasionally; Local candidates – no relocation provided. Resume and letter to: Randy Walker, ESRB at: rwalker@esrb.org 8/4/10
Just saw this job post for a Director of Marketing in Morristown.

http://www.linkedin.com/groupAnswers?viewQuestionAndAnswers=&di...
Paul, it looks like one needs to be a member of that particular LinkedIn group to read the post. Can you repost the copy or at least give us the group name to check out?

- Kevin

Paul Kiesche said:

Director of Marketing, Wealth Management, Morristown, NJ Contact Governance Group at end of job description

Our Client: A highly regarded, leading wealth management firm offering a broad range of services to individuals and families.

The Role: Director of Marketing

The Opportunity: Reporting to the Management Committee, the role is responsible for defining, leading and driving marketing initiatives, corporate communications, brand strategy and management, and overall client experience. Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Oversee and implement firm rebranding/re-positioning effort.
• Design, implement, and facilitate annual marketing plan for the firm.
• Plan and administer the firm’s Marketing budget.
• Oversee and expand the firm’s digital marketing efforts.
• Support and facilitate development and implementation of practice specialty marketing plans for wealth managers as well as coordinating their budgets.
• Supervise firm’s RFP protocol process including writing proposals for new business; participate in planning and presentation sessions.
• Collaborate on business development activities such as coaching on presentations.
• Assess, innovate and oversee corporate communications activities.
• Supervise firm’s public relations efforts and organize client, prospect and center of influence events, including Webinars, special seminars and client focused efforts.
• Develop and maintain prospective client database.
• Oversee firm’s charitable contributions and coordinate firm charity volunteerism.

The Ideal Candidate: The ideal candidate will have at least 8-10 years experience in a marketing role. Some experience in financial or professional services is preferred. The candidate must be skilled in re-branding/re-positioning a business as well as having proven success using digital media as a marketing tool. Excellent written and verbal communications as well as experience speaking both formally and extemporaneously in public, such as at professional seminars and meetings is required. This candidate must be able to conceptualize, action plan and nurture concepts until they are realized as well as help others to build a practice area. An undergraduate degree is a must; a relevant graduate degree is preferred.

Bob Gandel
Managing Director
908-277-1800 general
bobgandel@governancegroup.com

Cindy Pelham-Webb
Director
908-517-7346 direct
cindywebb@governancegroup.com

Kevin Haughwout said:
Paul, it looks like one needs to be a member of that particular LinkedIn group to read the post. Can you repost the copy or at least give us the group name to check out?

- Kevin

Paul Kiesche said:

Got a new job opportunity lead. Check it out and let me know if you want the contact info.

Marketing Manager / Distribution Company

Description:
• Lead production of automotive/heavy-duty tool & equipment 56-page flyer and 600-page web-based catalog
• Work with vendors to (1) develop new product introductions, organize seasonal, 12-month and quarterly marketing programs; (2) obtain product photos and write promotional copy; and (3) collect co-op advertising funds
• Research new products and sales opportunities and make sure Company media are changed to reflect product additions and deletions
• Assign promotional pricing to all products and maintain competitive pricing spreadsheets to assure that the Company’s offering is competitive and profitable
• Monitor product life cycles
• Maintain customer subscriptions for flyers and catalog
• Supervise graphic designers and outside agencies

Qualifications
Proficiency with such electronic media as Microsoft Office programs, experience with retail flyers, catalogs and web site design. Ability to:
• manage creative people and marketing projects
• communicate clearly with company managers and support staff to bring project elements together
• work independently, and in a team and cross-department environment.

Four-year degree in marketing/communications or related field and five years related experience. The selected applicant will report to the Company President and work closely with buyers and supervise graphic designer.
Hey Paul,

When is the Marketing Conversations Dinner in September? I would love to join you guys since I've been able to attend as of yet. Keep me posted.

Thanks,
Jahnavi

Paul Kiesche said:
Some new developments on the next dinner. We're going to skip July and wait till September for the next Marketing dinner. Giving everyone the Summer off. I suggest checking out the MarCom event in July if you want to do some good Marketing Networking!. njmarcom.ning.com
I think the next one will be in October. I am running another big Marketing event in September and don't want to clash. I'll tell you all about it when I have the final information! Besides, with Laura's wedding, I didn't want to mess around with September.

Jahnavi Utukuri said:
Hey Paul,
When is the Marketing Conversations Dinner in September? I would love to join you guys since I've been able to attend as of yet. Keep me posted.
Thanks,
Jahnavi

Paul Kiesche said:
Some new developments on the next dinner. We're going to skip July and wait till September for the next Marketing dinner. Giving everyone the Summer off. I suggest checking out the MarCom event in July if you want to do some good Marketing Networking!. njmarcom.ning.com
I am hosting an amazing event with AMA, Social Mixology, for Marketing Pros. We'll have a Mixologist give demonstrations at SM23 in Morristown. You don't need to be a member to go. Should be fun!

http://njama092910mixandmingle.eventbrite.com
Just bought my ticket. I'll see you there!

Paul Kiesche said:
I am hosting an amazing event with AMA, Social Mixology, for Marketing Pros. We'll have a Mixologist give demonstrations at SM23 in Morristown. You don't need to be a member to go. Should be fun!

http://njama092910mixandmingle.eventbrite.com

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Connect!

Enter Your E-Mail for NJYP Event Updates!

Visit our sponsor partner

BAM Sports Leagues runs co-ed recreational sports leagues for adults in Northern/Central NJ!

Sports: Kickball, Dodgeball, Softball, Football, Basketball, Soccer, Floor Hockey, Volleyball.

Photos

© 2024   Created by Brian and Mike.   Powered by

info@NJYP.org  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service